What Do We Do?
Books are just the beginning…
Today’s libraries are not just about books. Thanks to Friends of the Library and our supporters, our entire community can enjoy the countless resources and programs that the Carlisle Public Library offers.
Through Generous Donations and Grant Funding We Have Been Able to Support:
- New computers including a new, educational, touchscreen Early Literacy Station for children.
- Fund the copier/printer available for public use in the library.
- New furniture, upholstery and carpet for the library.
- Grant-matching for several projects including new computer acquisitions.
- The Summer Reading Program expenses including materials, performers and prizes for children.
- Public Safety Day where children were able to meet local law enforcement and firefighters and tour emergency vehicles.
- Establishing the library’s DVD collection and DVD cleaning machine.
The objectives of the Friends are as follows:
- Create public support for an expanding library program.
- Encourage gifts, endowments, and memorials for the library.
- Intensify community awareness and use of the library.
- Campaign for a new building or the modernization and expansion of an existing building.
- Sponsor programs designed to add to the cultural life of the community.
- Work for library legislation or appropriations.
- Aid in public relations by:
- Informing the community about the library’s services and problems
- Communicating the needs of the community to the staff and library board
- Calling public attention to the outstanding achievements of the staff.